Esko and GMG have partnered to deliver a new connection between GMG’s profiling and color prediction solution, GMG OpenColor, and Esko’s native prepress editing software, ArtPro+.
The connector will be launched in November 2022.
The technology aims to create a smoother and more efficient color conversion process for packaging and label printers, trade shops and premedia houses. This integration, according to the companies, will ensure uninterrupted file processing and color conversion, without losing mission-critical metadata between systems.
The new connector, according to the companies, will deliver benefits for customers using ArtPro+ and GMG OpenColor, including:
• The creation of a standardized and automated process for color matching and reseparation of multi-color image and vector data, eliminating manual work, reducing the risk of errors and saving up to 60 minutes of operator time per job;
• As ArtPro+ can modify colors, it is now easy and quick to add file edits after conversion for Multi Color Process Printing;
• Enhanced color precision on press through standardizing color conversion using GMGs enhanced spectral color technology;
• The ability to retain mission-critical metadata to deliver a seamless and highly efficient prepress workflow; and
• Increased flexibility for printers through rapid and precise prepress setup, thereby reducing pressure on time and resources.