The Optimal Method, the latest in color calibration techniques, will be on full display at FTA’s Fall Conference 2022.
The Optimal Method builds on the practice of FIRST Methodology and will be featured in the latest iteration of the resource guide, FIRST 7.0. During the three-day conference, attendees will compare traditional color calibration methods with the new process. Printed samples will be given to all attendees to allow for real-time comparisons of color calibration methods.
The conference—held October 11-13 at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center, just across the river from Cincinnati, Ohio—will bring together experts in color calibration, including the two architects of the method, Charles Spontelli (associate professor emeritus at Bowling Green State University) and William Birkett (engineer at Doppelganger LLC).
Spontelli and Birkett will introduce The Optimal Method on the conference’s opening day, with a deep dive and examination of a print project that used The Optimal Method on day two.
Presenters involved with the project include:
• Steve Smiley, principal at SmileyColor & Associates LLC
• Kim Madigan, director of corporate color management at Smyth Companies
• Kariahlyn Lindsey, print process manager at Accredo Packaging
• Ann Michaud, division scientist, global application engineering at 3M
• Allie Ayers, technical consultant engineer at DuPont Cyrel Solutions
• Catherine Haynes, VP of growth and development at All Printing Resources Inc
• Bobby Congdon, assistant director at the Sonoco Institute of Packaging Design and Graphics at Clemson University
• Darris Smith, technical graphics adviser at Harper Corporation of America
Fall Conference’s schedule also includes a look at the future of flexography, a pair of panels where industry experts discuss common prepress and pressroom problems, and an INFOFLEX at Fall Conference exhibition. Register at fallconference.flexography.org.