Germark Installs Two Bobst Presses

Germark, Barcelona, Spain, has invested in a Bobst Master M5 inline flexo press and a Bobst Mouvent LB702-UV digital inkjet press.

Germark S.A. employs 115 staff and posted a turnover for 2021 of almost €14mio across its Labels and Systems divisions. Labels account for 70 percent of the business; the remaining 30 percent is made up from the design and development of its own brand of labeling systems. The main client base, over 50 percent, is found in the cosmetics market.

The family-owned company was founded in 1958 and today has representatives in 20 countries around the world, with 27 percent of production going to export.

Germark also operates as a packaging consultant supporting customers from the initial design stage through to the final product to achieve their goals at minimum cost. A strong sustainability focus underpins its mission to invest in best-in-class technology that helps minimize waste and reduce the carbon footprint of print production.

Germark currently runs nine printing presses and four finishing lines at its 7,000-square-meter facility in Cornellà de Llobregat, on the outskirts of Barcelona. With ISO 9001 and 14001 certifications, as well as BRCGS for packaging materials, it is reportedly the only label converter in Spain to comply with the AuditOne Packaging Standard, which allows the company to work with the biggest cosmetics brand owners in the world, including P&G, Unilever, L’Oréal, and Johnson & Johnson. ​ ​

Fitted with UV-LED curing, the 200 meter per minute Master M5 saves Germark 60 percent in energy consumption for even better sustainability. In addition, the Combo Coupon feature was chosen, enabling multi-layer labels to be produced at 150 meters per minute in one pass. ​ ​ ​ ​

From left to right: Jordi Pedrals (Commercial Department at Feimar), Carlos Santos (Iberia General Manager BOBST), Iban Cid (Managing Director Germark), Jaume Martínez (Managing Director Feimar – ​ Regional Sales Agent for BOBST in Spain), Emmanuel Nauleau (Operations Director Germark).


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter

No spam, notifications only about new products, updates.

Most Popular

Related Posts

UPM Raflatac Targets Label Waste Recycling

UPM Raflatac, a global supplier of sustainable self-adhesive paper and film products, has announced Soprema as its main partner in label waste recycling in the EMEIA region.  Soprema, a global specialist in waterproofing and roofing and insulation, will transform the label waste collected through the RafCycle by UPM Raflatac recycling service into new construction and

Mark Andy Names Duane Pekar CEO

Duane Pekar has been named Chief Executive Officer for Mark Andy, a manufacturer of narrow- and mid-web printing and finishing equipment with a specialty in the narrow web label industry Pekar brings more than two decades of C-suite leadership experience across various industries. Pekar’s latest role was as President and CEO of Trajus Building Products,

Autajon Group Acquires Royston Labels

Autajon Group, a privately owned, international manufacturer of folding cartons, labels, set-up boxes and POS, has acquired Royston Labels, a UK-based manufacturer of self-adhesive labels.  The acquisition of Royston Labels is Autajon’s second in the UK and follows its recent acquisition of Simply Cartons in August 2023. Royston Labels is a manufacturer of self-adhesive labels

Maxcor Joins All4Labels Group

All4Labels global packaging group, a manufacturer of sustainable and digital printing solutions, is consolidating its presence in LATAM by welcoming Maxcor Indústria de Etiquetas, a labelling company for the chemicals and oil market in Brazil and is known for PSL production.  The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval. Terms and conditions

Scroll to Top