Apex International, the world’s largest manufacturer of precision flexographic anilox technology, is seeking a Technical Sales Representative to sell and service our customers in Ontario and Western Canada. This position’s territory includes Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, and Yukon Territory. Candidates must currently reside in Ontario.
The ideal candidate should have outside sales experience and have an existing customer base in the flexographic industry. We are looking for an individual who can work both independently and with a team and has both computer skills and pressroom experience (not necessary but would be a plus).
The Sales Representative is responsible for the selling and promotion of Apex products (to include anilox, glue & meter rolls, and any future products) to the corrugated, flexographic, offset, and coating industries, by developing leads, educating prospects on products through calls, trainings, and presentations. The Sales Representative will also meet existing customers’ needs with exceptional support and creative solutions.
Primary objectives / management expectations / KPI’s:
1. Serve customers by selling Apex products and meeting customer needs across assigned territory.
2. Service existing accounts, obtain orders, establish new accounts.
3. Submit orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
4. Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the target audience.
5. Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
7. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
8. Strive to meet and exceed the annual targets set within assigned territory.
9. Maximize satisfaction levels of customers in assigned sales territory of North America.
10. Develop hands-on relationships with end-users within the assigned territory, which may include large integrated key accounts and OEM’s.
11. Be cognizant of time management and reporting obligations.
12. Monitor Competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
13. Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, monthly and annual territory analyses, utilization of Sales Force CRM.
14. Always represent Apex North America in an efficient and professional manner.
15. Responsibly manage expenses and detailed report submission (receipts) according to the written company expense policy & procedure.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities (work experience):
1. Exceptional Customer Service
2. Product Knowledge
3. Territory Management
4. Prospecting Skills
5. Motivation for Sales
6. Results driven approach
7. Interpersonal Skills
8. Leadership qualities
9. Strong Communicator
10. Proficient in MS Office
11. Proficient in Sales Force (or similar CRM
For more information visit: https://apexinternational.com/careers/.